If you are looking for a fun idea for a 30th birthday party consider a beer tasting party. The number of local brews just in San Diego will give you plenty to choose from.
A beer tasting birthday party for guys is easy and fun.
- Buy a range of beers from a light pilsner to a lager or stout. Include different brands.
- For a fun twist pit the main label beers against the local brews
- Arrange the beer tasting area. It is good to use 3 ounce sample glasses since the wider the glass, the better for the aroma of the beer. Your nose is just as important in beer tasting as in wine tasting
- Write a little history about each beer to give everyone a little background as they taste the different beers.
- Create a simple tasting score sheet. You can have the categories: Taste, texture, finish, head and room for a comment or two.
- Note – when you pour the beer only pour about a third of a cup’s worth in each sample glass. This gives room for the aroma to fill the glass
- Have snacks to eat between each tasting – nuts, cheeses, popcorn, salty snacks are fine.
The San Diego Tourism Authority has a great list of the local breweries in San Diego to help you pick some great local brews.